Friday, April 8, 2011

Little Wind Story no. 1


Liu-ti & Kai-Niana


by Octavian Balea

The story of a composer and his moments of inspiration. Pasi wrote a couple of years ago a magnificent piece for accordion solo, called "Vuo". When I asked him what did he mean with this, he just nswered me in a very direct and semi-confidential way: "I just wrote it in Vuosaari" (an island in Helsinki, where he used to have his artistic residence). I thought it might be an interesting experience to actually see that place and to discover what might have been the source of inspiration for such a powerful piece of music. Going there alone didn't quite make it, so I asked him to come with me. That didn't work either, so I asked one of the very few accordionists who actually performed this piece to join us.

It was the wind that made it special. The sunny wind of Vuosaari.


1 comment: